Passionate About Helping Others
Genki is a Japanese adjective 元気, meaning ‘healthy, energetic, and full of life’. Here at Genki Sports Therapy we believe we should live our life feeling this way. Sometimes small injuries or ‘niggles’ if not treated can turn into bigger injuries or issues, causing chronic or persistent pain, and this is where we can help.
The body is an incredible machine, capable of more than we often believe, but in turn we need to look after it. Sometimes we need a little help with this. Whether it be a sports massage to mobilise muscles, direct lymphatic waste and increase circulation throughout the body, or treatment to support the bodies natural healing, or even some advice on exercise therapy to strengthen and support specific muscles, Genki Sports Therapy can help. Based in the Little Green Clinic on Market Street, please get in touch to discuss your needs.
I am able to treat a range of ‘injuries’, not just sport related. These include lower back pain, frozen shoulder or impingement, repetitive strain injuries, Plantar fasciitis, as well as common sports injuries, including ITB syndrome or runner’s knee, shin splints, muscular pain and imbalances, golfers and tennis elbow, sprains, strains and more.
I'm also a certified Breathwork instructor, and have trained intensively during the past few years in both Functional Breathing techniques (used to support those suffering with asthma, anxiety and panic disorders), and also Conscious Connected Breathwork (used to help with previous trauma and past issues). Something as simple as altering our daily breathing habits can often be the key in resolving long standing chronic issues. Please see the link 'Breathwork' at the top of the page for more info.
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science and Exercise Management
- Level 5 Advanced Clinical Sports Therapy and Exercise Rehabilitation
- Level 4 Certified Diploma in Nutrition
- Certified Advanced Oxygen Advantage Practitioner
- Certified Integrative Breathwork Instructor
- GP Exercise Referral Consultant (Wright Foundation)
- Sports Trauma First Aid (Pro Trainings)
- Middle of Nowhere Medical Aid
- Gym Instructor Level 1 & 2
- CG7303 PTTLS Adult teaching
- Registered with the STO and CNHC